Withous a prescription, what is the best antibiotic to carry with you?

Discussion in 'Natural Medicine and Home Remedies' started by branchd77, Jan 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    If you don't have a prescription for antibiotics, what is the best natural one you could include in your first aid supply list?

John Johnson and Ricky Jeringan like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    As far as a pill form I would say amoxicillin ( can order online for animals ) but it's the same thing you get at the pharmacy for humans.

Example: 500 tablets of 500mg amoxicillin $71.99 ( just the first one I saw)

as for a more natural remedies, ( topical and ingestable )

1: Garlic
    2: Colloidal silver
    3: Echinacea
    4: oil of oregano
    5:
    Manuka Honey ( raw honey works good as well )

3. felix

felix Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    [QUOTE="branchd77, post: 69, member: 1f you don't have a prescription for antibiotics, what is the best natural one you could include in your first aid supply list?[/QUOTE]
    pills are the best tocarry whith you, but you needt a different antibitic for an injury and another for your lungs and the most important you need to know is if you are allergic to them

4. John Johnson

John Johnson Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Another unlikely place to get antibiotics is in a pet shop. Most large pet shops carry fishmox, used to treat fish. These are safe for consumption,it's cheap, shelf able, if all else fails it will work in a pinch. (Amoxicillin)

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    anti biotics aren't available in the UK without a prescription and stockpiling any is pretty much impossible.
    I personally don't fancy fish antibiotics and I will be going the herbal route, www.prepperwebsite.com has a whole page on herbal use.

6. John Johnson

33/47

Blog Posts:
    If you have a herbal store they can walk you through all the options. You will be amaxed at what you cam get. Also a lot of people have been talking about the benefits of silver water. A silver bar submerged in water attach an electric current to the silver it will bleach partials into the water, from what I've read it does wonders.

Ricky Jeringan likes this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife is a herbalist.

John Johnson likes this.
  8. Anaconda

Anaconda Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    OTC products: iodine, antibiotic ointment (polysporin), and a few ounces of bleach. Some anti-diarrheal (loperamide hydrochloride) tablets too. For natural products I like vinegar, tea tree oil and tincture of bitter melon.

John Johnson likes this.
  9. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Vaseoline

John Johnson likes this.
  10. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Vaseoline is amazing stuff

John Johnson likes this.
  11. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I just went to the doc and told him I was building a major medical kit and needed them!
    I got the scripts no worries, nearly out of date so will be renewing them soon!
    As I do semi regular trips deep into the outback, sometimes up to 2,500km from a major medical centre
    the medical kit gives peace of mind even if so far I have not needed it for much!

howler and John Johnson like this.
  12. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I crossed trained as a medic in usmc and then trained as emt fully qualifed to treat and my mrs is a rn

13. John Johnson

33/47

Blog Posts:
    I never thought about asking my Dr about getting meds for a bug out bag, awesome.

14. Offthegrid

Offthegrid New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Garlic and oil of oregano. The bonus is they're both great at mealtime as well as for first aid.

sunnytn likes this.
  15. Lisa Davis

Lisa Davis Active Member
      36/47

Blog Posts:
    My doctor is also a fellow survival enthusiast and has prescribed me two sorts of extra antibiotics to have on hand just in case of an emergency situation. I never throw away any pills like this, especially if I don't finish a script or don't take them for some reason. Granted, those things have a shelf life, but I would rather have some "expired" antibiotics on hand than none at all.

16. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Oranges and other fruits rich in Vitamin C like parsley are rich sources of natural antibiotic. Vitamin C is quite good at neutralising bacteria and one should take supplements to reach the recommended daily requirement. This combined with garlic makes for a potent combination. Natural fruit juice and rosemary sprigs are other alternative sources of antibiotics.

17. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I definitely prefer a herbal store if I'm not able to get a prescription.

18. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    As I stated before, honey has good natural properties that allow it to perform neatly as a antibiotic. 500 mg Amoxicillin pills can be safely taken without a specific prescription, you only have to know that is suggested to take a pill every 8 hours during for at least a week.

19. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Manuka honey has antibacterial properties but in a world without prescription drugs prevention has to be so much more important than cure, keeping wounds clean and sterile to prevent infection in the first place is the best way to stay out of trouble.

20. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    You can also get Cipro fish antibiotics. It is stronger and more broad spectrum than amoxicillin, come in 250 mg. Amoxicillin should usually be your first choice as Cipro is a fairly strong antibiotic. I just got a very bad sinus infection. They put me on amoxicillin for 10 days. Several days after finishing the amox., the infection came back. They then perscribed the Cipro, 500 mg. twice a day for 10 days. It cured the infection.

If an antibiotic does not cure what ails you, going to a different and stronger one is usually the best course of action.

21. DeeFree

DeeFree New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Without reading any of the other responses I am writing GARLIC!! It is nature's most potent antibiotic. Soldiers in WWI were given garlic as first aid and to take into the battlefield. They were told to eat it raw, cut it raw and/or place on wounds. I've seen for myself the first aid , antibiotic effects of garlic. I had a severe tooth infection to the point that my right jaw was hideously swollen. I placed a slice of garlic that had been stabbed with a fork to release the liquid that contains something called "allicin" which is the healing substance and chomped down where the infection was. It burned so bad I teared up but after the pain of the burn subsided I felt better! I kept doing this every hour on the hour and sure enough my jaw went down and the pain went away!! I had to have the tooth removed but I diddn't have to take chemical antibiotic.

Westbay and Corzhens like this.
  22. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I agree with garlic. Based on the home remedy in our culture, garlic is best not only for insect bites but also animal bites. Crushed garlic is best to apply to a dog bite for it will deaden the effect of the rabies. Another home remedy is vinegar which is good for insect bites and it is also an insect repellent particularly against bedbugs. Vinegar is good for cleaning the mouth as well like if you had swallowed something bad like too much pepper, the vinegar will neutralize the hot taste of pepper.

23. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    While antibiotics are prescription drugs I can get them from this pharmacy without it as I regularly shop there. Also I just call my doctor on the phone and he gives me the name and that's it - the job is done.

24. Westbay

Westbay Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    When I was growing up my dad liked natural herbs a lot so growing up we had lots of those I know Lemons fight bacteria a lot because of the two active compounds in it namely counmarin and tetrazine, they help fight against pathogens.

Pineapple is also a form of antibiotics because it contains bromelain which speeds up digestion and also act as a mouth wash that fights against invading bacteria entering through the mouth. I am sure of these two I eat them regularly.