Wood Stove Powered Generator

Discussion in 'Creating and Using Electricity' started by thePENofGODx0x0xz7, Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Wood Gas Generators are gasifiers that change wood into a power source.

070 Wood Powered Generator - 2 generator.jpg

I think that this is really handy to have on your off the grid location.

Here's how one might work.

2. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I 've actuall considered this to power a pick up truck as other have been doing so for a very kind time. We're talking decades.

I've seen one guy actually have a gasifier truck and with a few modifications he could power his house with the same truck. Lots of possibilities with this old tech.

The only issue you would have is to use several filters. If not it will wreak havoc on the motor.

Its either this or a steam engine.

My3Sons_NJ likes this.
  3. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Umm, I don't know if you've noticed but you are most certainly missing the link or whatever that you intended to show for your thread. You might want to fix that.

4. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJ New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    This could be a very valuable alternative to solar energy for providing the necessary energy to live and having a decent quality of life while off the grid. Thankfully, at least in the USA, wood is plentiful and inexpensive so this is a viable option (extra points to joshposh for mentioning the need for filters). I'll have to look into this further.

5. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I might also add that, instead of using solar panels to charge your deep cycle batteries that leads into your house, you could use a gasifier to run a vehicle and then charge your batteries so you will always have a back up source of power and not only rely on the gasifier.

6. Zyphir

Zyphir Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I think this used in conjunction with solar and biodigesters that a homestead would have plenty of power to live a comfortable life off grid.