World War 3.

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by lonewolf, Dec 16, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  2. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    alleged Russian soldiers firing at Ukraine troops in trenches on Ukraine soil.
    Ukraine soldier killed in mortar attack by Russian "seperatists", bringing the death total to 65 since the beginning of the year.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I heard from my military buddies to expect an invasion from Russia into Ukraine on or about January 7 Ukrainian Christmas. also if Russian invades expect china to invade Taiwan
    , as the USA will be very occupied with Europe .
    You heard it here first .

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    well they invaded and took over Crimea in 2014 so the same will probably happen.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ukraine is now P.O.ed at Deutschland, so if Russia starts to win any war against them, Ukraine will cut off the pipelines that supply Europe to keep Russia from inheriting them. This could easily trigger a depression in Europe. The core banks of Italy, Spain, and Greece are already dead meat.

Industry requires petrochemicals. France was smart to go nuclear, however they also require oil and natural gas.

Bye-bye Europe.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if it gets to that stage it'll be pretty much bye bye civilisation as we know it.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    With the holidays here , preppers that prepare for serious SHTF events " not just a few days of inconvenience " may want to be on the look for used plastic tablecloths that might be obtained for little or no financial cost . The reason being when the Nukes begin to explode in your homeland , covering up your garden may spare some of the radiation from the fallout contaminating your precious garden soil . Granted a table cloth will not cover much , but ever inch will count . Un radiated garden soil will be priceless . --- I just was given two tablecloths a short time ago which I was grateful for . I have a full roll of tarpaper " roofing material " as well as large tarpaulin that I stretched out today to dry in preparation to put back for garden protection . --- I did have 3 rolls of tar paper for covering the garden , but I used two of the rolls on a new structure that I built an am now finishing up on . .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've got a bunch of this plastic in roll form. I buy the clear/whitish plastic. If it says that it is 10 or 25 ft wide and the roll isn't that wide, not to worry, when you roll it out, you'll see that it is folded. So, you roll it out, then fold it out to the sides. These puppies are huge and a fraction of the cost of good tarpaulin. I have tarpaulins and this plastic sheeting; believe you me, get the 20 ft wide rolls of sheeting for LARGE areas! The price of tarps have gone crazy expensive. Bought a big tarp this summer and its price was a royal kick in the billfold -- ouch!

Not just for the garden. If you get a leak in your roof, you'll need this stuff until you can properly repair your roof. You can improvise green-houses with this using old boarding as the superstructure.

These huge plastic sheets have dozens of uses. Mark them and then cut them to the sizes you need. Buying in bulk saves you money. I've got one left-over roll and it's still BIG. If you need plastic wider than 20/25 ft., use heavy duct tape to seal the sheets together. When you get one side taped, flip the new giant sheet and duct-tape the other side's junct together -- this will add strength.

When the sheeting is down, use heavy paving stones or bricks to hold this down. The slightest wind will lift it and carry it away if you do not.

If you expect fallout, buy drainage tubing to carry the run-off rainwater out away from your house's guttering down-spouts into deep drainage pits far from your garden or other important places. I use these long 5" diameter tubes to keep rainwater from gathering around my house's foundation. Water against you foundation will freeze during the winter and break the foundation due to the expansion when water turns to ice.

If one lives in a heavy fallout area, then bug-out. Even if you have bunkers, still get out'a that area. No matter what you think will suffice, you're wrong. The water table will inevitably become contaminated. Note also that when the water table gets contaminated, this water will rise during subsequent rainstorms and re-contaminate the soil you thought you had protected -- this time the contamination (fallout and toxic heavy metals) will come from below.

upload_2023-11-22_20-59-16.png

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    i use pretty much the same as you , i use 6 mil plastic roll that is used for vapour barrier in constrution. Great for putting on to of fire wood .

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yep, excellent.

Gotta rick firewood up off the ground to attempt to keep the termites from instantly invading. Gotta spray a bunch of insecticide under there. We live less than two miles away from the line of state and national forest lands. Turbo termites are part of the ecosystem. Very healthy colonies will attack any wood left on the ground. Not just termites, all manner of worms, centipedes, ..., strange bugs out of some horror film will come to visit. Where we live is ALIVE with life. Were humans to disappear, Nature would reclaim this place so quickly that in 100 years, no trace of humanity would exist. Here, life grows on rocks and concrete. This fall I had to get out and cut vines that had entwined one of our trees and one side of our house. Abandoned houses get eaten by the forest in short order.

When we bought this place, the previous owners had put some cheap tarps over the firewood they left. That cheap stuff came all to pieces, rip rip rip. Must use good, 6 mil, whatever you can afford, plastic, else it will crack and rip especially during brutal winters. Who wants their wood to turn to punk?! Who wants to dig through a foot+ of snow to get to your stored wood?! Just sweep off the snow and lift the plastic; poof! dry firewood (reasonably dry, anyway).

The folk who built the following would be best advised, were they to live where we live, NOT to put down any chipped wood mulch beneath their woodpile. The termites here will devour anything woody in nature. Dead wood = termite picnic.

upload_2023-11-25_14-3-6.png

In my mind, the following folk need to use a bit more covering on their firewood. These piles need more protection. Snow can drift very high. Spring/summer rain and wind comes in at high velocity ... sideways, actually. Don't get me wrong, that woodpile needs to "breathe", it's just that I'd use some more covering than shown in the following photos. There are mountain tops around here where the pine trees only have limbs on one side (I'm thinking about one particular cliff face I've been to many a time; that mountain is well over 6,000 ft and one face is mostly naked rock; trees trying to grow there, catch hell). Up there, hurricane-force winds rip the limbs off pine trees and lightning causes trees to explode. Bad weather? Stay away from the mountain ridges.

upload_2023-11-25_14-9-54.png

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.