Would You Like To Read People's Minds?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by WildSpirit, Jul 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    b5331d503b74dd7e6fe3dbd6795bc0ce.jpeg
    I think everyone has thought about having some kind of super power, right? So, and if you found out you could read people's minds? It would be something good or bad for you? :)

Well... I must admit that at first, this idea looks a phenomenal one, but thinking for the second time, I probably wouldn't want to be able to do it because it could be very tricky to administer (resulting in some sort of mental issue or something :confused:).

2. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    No, it's bad enough just hearing/reading some of the gibberish that people say/write, I don't want to be able to read their minds...I'd probably have to start a cull in an attempt to raise the average IQ of the people around me.
    Secondly, I like to debate or even argue, if I could read minds it would take all the surprise and joy out of it.
    I'd rather lose an argument to an intelligent man then win one with a dumb ass.

3. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Your reason to refuse this "power" is something very interesting. :) It makes a lot of sense. Very nice... It's a very interesting view of the situation. :D

4. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I would enjoy that power very much. Actually, most people give away a lot of clues to what they are thinking if you just observe them closely.

But this is, naturally, a make-believe proposition. And since it won't ever happen, it is a moot point.

5. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree with you on this. :) To read what some people's mind you really don't need to have any kind of super power, all you have to do it's just to pay attention (perhaps see the situation from another angle :D).

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Reading people's mind has more cons than pros. Though it may feel powerful if you can do that but depending on the situation, it lessens the excitement of a good news when you already know what a person would tell you. On the other hand, it would help you if you would know ahead of time that you will be in danger because you can read the mind of the person who is next to you. None the less, you wouldn't want to live in fear and don't have peace of mind just because you know you are surrounded by bad people.

7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    It's precisely in this aspect that my doubt lives. :( I mean, I think I wouldn't know how to separate all the pros and cons in a correct way. o_O

Therefore, considering that each person has different values, this could become a great and complicated confusion /mess. :oops:

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    no thanks, peoples actions are stupid enough without being able to read their minds too.

9. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    No, I wouldn't want that power. I prefer everybody to keep his/her privacy and not to be spy on.
    No one in this world that doesn't have secret. The way I will want not to read, same way I wouldn't want to read others.

10. RosieCheeks

RosieCheeks New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    If I would be able to read other people minds, eventually I would go crazy.An incessant torrent of other thougts, views would be like an avalanche on my poor and fragile mind. In such case, I would leave the city and settle in some uninhabited woods.Peace of mind is more important than knowing what is going in other people heads.

11. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I personally get suprised that I can effortlessly read people's minds without putting much effort. If you place yourself in someone's situation, you can accurately gauge their proclivities. There is also a branch of study called physiognomy which is about studying people's faces to judge their character and inclinations. But for me, it occurs naturally without myself being aware me it.

12. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I'd rather not know what their thinking. I'm nosy by nature so I would be restless if I would know something and can't do anything about it.

13. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    No. I think I am fine just observing people from this side. People actually give themselves away in so many ways if you are prepared to watch and listen closely. Personality is like a thin waft of smoke. Soon enough it will flow out and blow up into a thick raging fire. A person's true nature cannot be hidden for long.

14. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I mean, if you choose who to listen to (like you can only hear them if you focus on them) then it could be a really neat thing to have. But yeah, it could get old pretty quick.

15. Clara1993

Clara1993 Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Hi wild, Your thread remended me when I watch these Vampire movies I like everything and I start searching if there is real way way to become one :) I like supper powers And all which has to do with it :-(
    I like it when people can tell someone else's emotions Because you know some people are good at hiding their emotions and some their eyes betray them :) so yes I would love to be able to read people's minds and see what they think, It would be fun for sure. :)