Would you travel to another country to fight in a war your country is not involved in?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by rootle, Jul 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    From reading the discussions here I see that there are many people who apparently enjoy intense situations and would probably like to be in a war situation. Would any of you actually consider going to another country voluntarily to help out in a war simply because you wish to help and think you would be of use?

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    No, I would not. For me to be involved in a war, something very personal must be at stake. I can't think of anything personal that would be at stake in another country.

3. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    That totally makes sense. I'd agree with you as well. I'm just interested in seeing if there are people who'd have a differing opinion.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I don't think I would qualify to fight a war because of my age. But I remember in the 1970s during the Vietnam war, there was this contingent called PhilCag - a Philippine contingent as a "civic action group" which is not a fighting force but one that would repair bridges, provide medical assistance to both warring parties and other civic works. One of my classmate's father was in that group and she seemed devastated because just the thought that his father is going to war is scary enough for a high school student. But fortunately, her father came back alive and whole.

rootle likes this.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Nope, I wouldn't fight for another country simply because I would lack the initiative to do so. When I'm fighting for my own country I have the opportunity to make a difference for the place I lived in, that would motivate me to perservere and stay strong no matter the circumstances. If I were to fight for another country I would be dead immediately, I wouldn't be able to fight because I would have no reason to.

6. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I don't see a reason to do this, but I have heard of people doing this. I was watching videos of men traveling from Los Angeles to fight in Syria. It was an interesting watch, but I just don't understand it. The only thing I can understand fighting for is fighting for humanity. I could see a person not agreeing with the way a country is treating other humans in our world and feel it necessary to fight. I don't have it in me to even fight for my own country, so I really can't see myself going into battle for someone elses country. It's something to think about, though.

rootle likes this.
  7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Call that whatever you want but I will never fight any war. For me that is a lost cause. I like to believe that I am above fighting and I would only defend myself if necessary. One poet from Serbia said something like this, "For a smart man, every war is lost. You do not even have to participate to loose it." Maybe I fought too many wars in my past lives so I got tired of it. I don't know really but I would refuse this craziness and all the people talking about wars and fights are in my opinion infected by some virus and they do not think straight.

8. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    A lot of what you said is true. The fact that some people are so attracted to the thought of war is probably what helps start wars in the first place. If everybody thought like you, the world would be more peaceful.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    no I would not.
    war's are started by politicians who take no part in the actual fighting but send other people's sons to fight and die, and take no responsibility for their deaths, like our own Tony Blair or as he is known here TONY B. LIAR!!

Grumpy Max and John Snort like this.
  10. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    If I can avoid it I won't be fighting in any wars not even for my country. The enemy of the government isn't my enemy so no way I'm going to fight their wars for them.

As for doing some volunteering to go fight terrorists in Syria, Iraq or Libya, that I most certainly wouldn't do. Let the warring sects fight each other. And when the governments in the region are fed up with the fighting they can unite and bring terrorism to an end.

11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there is a certain philosophy here regarding foreign policy and it goes something like this:
    "if it dosent involve British citizens or British territory then we should mind our own business", I am in full agreement with this sentiment.

John Snort likes this.
  12. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    No i wouldn't,i cant risk my life fighting for another country's course which i may not actually know the reason for it. Fighting for another country is like putting yourself in a business that does not concern you.

lonewolf likes this.
  13. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Israel maybe.
    However Israel seems to do a nice job defending itself.

14. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    By the way.
    We are at war and have been for a very long time.
    The victims?
    Anyone not a Muslim.
    The enemy?
    Anyone who is a Muslim.
    Why?
    109 verses in the Koran commanding any able bodied Muslim to strike dead any non believer
    anywhere, anytime.
    Radical Islam murderers people every day all over the globe.
    Picture of the Week

70SQMaz6e0cDPsFzda9rV9n-buvBQ8yJ.jpeg

15. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    ^^^so far this week.
    World Trade Center, Miami, Orlando, New York, France, England.......................................................

What isn't on the 6 0'clock liberal owned news.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

2.1 BILLION Muslims world wide.

15% take part in, actively support radical jihad.
    What is 15% of 2.1 billion anyway?
    "Know thy enemy."

16. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    No, that would make you like a mercenary soldier. The world and the conflicts we face are dangerous enough. I would not want to put myself in harm's way by becoming involved in a war that I don't need to be in.

17. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Already have been a part of the war machine.

18. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    This. I would only raise a gun on another being if my family lives were at stake. Other than that, no way in hell. Even if somebody offered me 1 billion, still, no. War is evil. We as humans don't like being compared to animals, but we are far worse than animals. You will never see lion attacking and killing its prey for pure pleasure & fun, he has no use from a dead animal if he won't eat it. We, on the other hand kill each other for the most stupidest reasons, even worse, some of us act in such ways that we don't even deserve to be the most advanced species on this planet. All the blood and gore and the things some people are capable of doing without any sort of feeling, that's just bad. We need to stop all that at once. It leads nowhere

19. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I would never travel to another country to fight for the war that my country is not directly involved with. However, many people in my home country are fighting for other countries. My home country is not directly involved with these wars but my my country men are fighting wars for other countries. These soldiers are called Gorkha soldiers and they are the important wing in British and Indian force. The tradition of fighting for Britian and India has a long hostory.

20. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Helping others is a selfless act but you should be aware that it is a war that you are going to go. If I'm a graduate of medical profession I would go to help injured people.

21. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    No, I wouldn't like to. First of all, I don't think that I have much to offer when it comes to war fighting. I am not particularly strong, I am very average. I don't even know how to shoot properly to hit a target where I want to... let alone anything else. Fighting in a war is a serious business where life and death are at stake and if you can't aid the fight, there's no point in joining.

I just value my own life higher... it might sound selfish but I want to survive.

22. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I personally don't like war.If my life purpose does not call me to go to war, then I would not bother.