Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    upload_2016-1-25_2-58-37.png
    The zombie apocalypse sounds like something straight out of a TV show. However, the scary fact of a zombie apocalypse is actually becoming more of a reality today than ever before. Between biological and chemical warfare combined with exotic new designer drugs people can actually start to become zombified. An incident involving a designer drug known as bath salts made this all too real. A police officer who was called to the scene where a man who was high on these bath salts found this man eating another man's face. When the police officer saw what was going on, he pulled his weapon out and began to fire. He shot this zombified man six times, yet the men still managed to lunge forward and attack the police officer. The man was still screaming and had to be restrained after being shot six times before he ended up dying. Zombies are not just in human form either; zombie invasion could be from trees.
    upload_2016-1-25_2-59-17.png
    That's right the United States federal government is guilty of creating zombie pine trees. These trees were meant to grow quicker and repel insects from damaging the wood. The downside to these genetically engineered zombie trees as they put off a toxin that actually kills everything around it. Including people. Zombie bees are another item of nature that is affected by the zombie syndrome. To survive a zombie apocalypse much like any other natural disaster or catastrophe, the best thing you can do is to have the necessary supplies on hand. Emergency first aid supplies along with food rations are a must. The more you have, the better off you will be should the situation occur when you find yourself surviving a zombie apocalypse. Also remember should you be shooting zombies double tap is required for results. Make sure the zombie is dead, so you don't walk away and get bit.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I doubt very much if a zombie apocalypse is actually possible let alone probable but it is fun to run a scenario or two anyway!

Basic stratagies from Sun Tzu still apply, divide and defeat, fighting retreats, and maintaining control of the battlefield cover most of it!
    While most variations of the tried and tested sword and shield would work best! keeping firearms as a backup only if needed!
    The old bash and slash works well in this situation!
    As they are not going to die anytime soon just running away is not solving the problem just delaying it!
    What it needs is to actually deal with each and every one of them in small numbers at a time!

Skirmishers come to mind! finding small numbers away from the pack dealing with them quickly and quietly then getting out of there!

only thing to add to the sword and shield might be a few disposable wooden spears each!
    and learn to fight with your mouth shut!

not that this fantasy scenario is ever likely to happen!;)

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in Zombies, however I do believe in the diseased, the dying, the unprepared and the desperate!! these will be the new zombies.

4. Vash

Vash Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    The traditional undead zombies might not be possible, but some form of flesh eating crazy people can totally be real. Like the OP had suggested, a drug can cause similar effect in humans. There are also other means to achieve the same effects such as certain diseases can turn the host to some aggressive freaks. Rabies for example is one of them. A while back I was watching a documentary about zombies, and it was said if some labs combine rabies and flu into one virus, it can totally create a "zombie" apocalypse. It might not be the undead zombies, but we will get something similar the rage virus from the movie 24 Days Later (minus the super fast infection).

Anyway, we shouldn't rule out any possibility completely. Be prepared is always a good thing to deal with the unexpected rare events.

I also remember a while back when I was attention a college in a small town. While at a LAN party, some friends were talking about zombie apocalypse. They believe it can be "fun" for someone who is good at weapons. Well, even if I am an weapon expert, I'd rather not to have this kind of "fun" lol.

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't worry about it, whatever the Apocalypse is those college "friends" wont be around for long!!

6. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    This is why I am happy to be in the country. We are a good walking distance from the closest town. If there was an outbreak we could easily shutter in and be safe. We can literally eat off the land and animals. If they are contaminated we have enough backed up to last us for a little while. We have a little store down the way that would be safe because it is hidden no windows and no backdoor getting there for food would be simple enough. In the time it took the zombies in the little town 20 minutes away could be cleared out heading to the more food source east of them. I love that all the towns around here are small, if that town was overloaded then the smaller towns around could be easy enough. Plus being in the country guns everywhere, everyone is friendly and family here.

7. Vash

Vash Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Not exactly. :p
    Almost all of my college friends at the LAN party had guns. Not stored on the campus of course. The friend's house I went for LAN party most often had plenty of weapons. He owns shotgun, hunting rifles, pistols, and hunting bow. In fact, every year he went on deer hunting and always brought back at least 3 deer. We even had some spaghetti using deer meat at the LAN party. :D He was also good at making jerky from it. If anything happens, I'd stick with him lol. A few days of hunting can produce enough high quality meat for the better part of the year!

The other friends also have their fair share of firearms. I remember at one of the LAN parties, another friend brought a WWII rifle.

Well, we were kind of "in the country". The place we attended college was right on the border with Canada. The town was small. It had only about 20k people. The gun ownership there was high. Population density was really low. The downside is, the soil there was not good enough for farming. The top product there was grass for livestock lol. Yep, I have seen a few farms with cows and that was it. Trees everywhere... there are deer and bears around. We were by the great lakes, so there are plenty of fish. I love white fish and salmon. :D However the biggest problem there is the whether. We had 7 months of snow each year. So not getting freeze to death might be the top priority in case of a disaster. On the bright side, zombies might be frozen too. How can their brains not expand and crack their own skulls when the temperature is around -30F (-20C)?

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    20, ooo is still too many people, you need to get somewhere where they have one tenth of that or less.
    the more people there are in one place the more problems you will have post event.
    people will be the problem post event.

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Thing is if the zombies are not actually dead but just sick would you actually kill them?
    Regular zombies are animated dead! so you can't actually kill them just stop them moving! so it is morally easy!
    Murder is murder, a hurdle many will have difficulty with!
    A sick zombie is much easier to put down as it still depends on functioning organs!

Consequences must be considered!;)

10. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    That is what I hate the most here is the cold. It gets so cold, and I dont like the winter as is. I need my warmth. One of the worst winters in my home town we went all winter with no heat at all. No hot water no heater nothing, I went to bed crying I woke up crying. It was horrible, it was a nightmare. I love that my husband now is a body heater. He is warm blooded in the winter he hates it because i will make him sleep against the wall then push up against him. He cant move but I have all the heat.

11. Vash

Vash Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    It is good enough since the 20k population is actually quite spread out. There is no building higher than 3 floors aside maybe the city hall. The express way is just less than 3 minutes from downtown, and it is pretty deserted on the road. You might see no more than a dozen cars to one direction, and the other direction, is Canada if you get to cross the bridge which is just less than 50 yards from the highway exit.

It is also easy to get out of the town by other roads into the more rural areas where there are more forests than farms.

Oh, and since we are by the great lakes, we can also take a boat/ship to get away if it is needed. :)

The thing is, I am no longer there at the moment. Where I live now is a mega city. There are more than 100k people within 1 mile radius. Too many potential zombies I have to face if the zombie apocalypse takes place here. :eek:

If the "sick" people are trying to hurt me, I am totally in the right to defend myself. Heck, you can shoot any intruder here illegally according to law, let alone infected crazies or the walking dead.
    The bottom line is, I have no problem of defending myself from anything or anyone if I am in danger of getting hurt.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yeah, I used to live in a city of 250,000 people, small compared to some of the bigger cities, Birmingham is 1.1 million and London is over 8 million, but they are no where near where I live.
    I left my home city 17 years ago and now live in a remote farming area.

13. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    It's terrifying to think about it, but its not improbable. If the zombie apocalypse came I'd probably be eaten first, but I'd at least attempt to survive as long as I could.

14. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I do not believe in a zombie apocalypse but I do agree that it is possible and we need to be prepared for it as best as possible. I would be so freaked out and screaming my lungs out but maybe I can find a place in the mountains somewhere where nobody can find me lol. It is interesting what ideas you could get just imagining this stuff. The zombie movies probably help us more than we think...

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "Zombies" as such are just a figment of some Hollywood directors vivid imagination, they do not exist and cannot exist.
    it is people in general you have to be wary of, they will be a lot more subtle and a lot more believable than any "zombie", if anything sounds too good to be true it probably is.
    trust no one.

16. DaBozzLady

DaBozzLady Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Mod you definitely nailed this one. In the event of something happening, for sure, people will be at the root. Oh, and add animals to the list because they will also be outside of their comfort zones as well. Hungry people, hungry animals? Recipe for disaster. So harm can potentially come from any angle. It is definitely a good idea to be away from all the chaos, or trying to get away from all of the chaos if/when SHTF.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes you've got it. there are 10 million dogs in the UK, I don't think anyone's every counted the cats.
    64 million people live in the UK, 85% of them live in cities and large urban centres.