Zombies Helping Us Prepare

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    Zombie preparedness may sound like a joke to some people. Like really are zombies going to walk down the street anytime soon coming to eat our brains? Should zombies actually start to attack us can't we all just go to the mall and hang out like they did in the movie it looks like it would be a great time. On a more serious note however when cities and towns encourage people to have zombie preparedness kits on hand amazingly people pay attention and actually obtain the necessary emergency medical supplies to help with a multitude of real natural disasters.
    upload_2016-1-25_1-26-53.png
    Zombies are not going to come down the street anytime soon but when you give people a gimmick behind getting things they actually should have on hand in the first place they seem to go along with it. Part of a zombie preparedness kit is to have clean water, medical supplies and food on hand. It also means having weapons such as bats, swords, knives, crossbows, bow and arrows, guns, and explosives. Now those weapons are not in your typical stockpile for your average person however for legal US citizens they are all allowed and can be added to your zombie preparedness kit. There's no such thing as being too prepared for a situation after all. So the next time you hear somebody throw out the term zombie preparedness kit it's not necessarily a laughing matter. This could be the only way that some people will actually take the time and effort to go out and get emergency supplies.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in Zombies as in the Hollywood version, but I do believe there will be zombies after an event, as in the unprepared, the diseased, the starving, the addicts, etc.etc.

BigZirp, acheno84 and Keith H. like this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Agreed lonewolf, it will be a very dangerous place out there, more so than now.
    Keith.

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know mate, if you read some of the court reports in the newspapers, there are some real "pieces of work" out there already.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Oh absolutely, & I have met some of them. Many people underestimate the present dangers. Perhaps there are still areas where you can leave your doors unlocked & do not have to be on your guard all the time, but where I am this is not one of those places. Safer here though than it was in the Territory, but not a place where you can afford to drop your guard.
    Keith.

6. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Well now I am more paranoid.
    This is something that drives me crazy I love having the windows and doors opens and I know there is going to come a day where I cant do that so I enjoy it now as much as I can.
    I am glad to live in a place where I can do that.
    I lived in town where I could not do that and it broke my heart.
    Drug addicts everywhere waiting to get the hard earned money I worked for.
    Its a sad day we are not even at the end of this world and things are horrible in some places.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately no where is it safe to leave your windows open & certainly not your doors. We have steel fly screens on doors & windows, so we can afford to have them open whilst we are present & awake, but not at night. Do NOT underestimate the dangers, if you have not experienced raiders or a house invasion to date, you are lucky, but do NOT invite it.
    Keith.

8. hippyzomby

hippyzomby New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I have almost had a break in. I lived alone in my apartment before I met my husband. They had released notes about break-ins and I was aware of it. Once night I got home late and I saw someone in the parking lot looking in cars. I am nice so I walked over to him and asked if he needed help. He said no he was waiting for a friend. So I walked to my apartment. It was up the stairs and all the way at the end. I got to my door and heard the stairs shaking I looked and saw the man from the parking lot walking my way. I got inside and locked my door. ALL THE LOCKS. I had just made it to the living room when I heard the door knob jiggling. I started dialing 911 and went to to the kitchen and grabbed my biggest knife. When I got back into the living toom and noticed someone climbing onto my balcony. I walked and stood in the middle of the living room. He saw me I was scared shitless. I started yelling "The door is locked you can try jumping through the glass but I promise you I will cut you I know where to go where you will bleed out." I held my phone up and showed the guy I had called 911 then I tapped the knife on the door. "Come on lets play." He looked at me and then climbed down 15 minutes later the door knob in the front stopped shaking.
    I laid in the bathroom after that and cried. I was so scared, I thought I was going to have to fight. I didn't show fear though

Keith H. likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought this place was okay to leave our doors unlocked-not that we do but it seemed a fairly safe place-until a drug addict moved in over the back, within a few weeks of moving in he had burgled his very next door neighbour, he is now in prison for 5 years!!
    normally this place is crime free, apart from him we hadn't had a crime for about 6 years and that was a gang from outside.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yet there are a lot of ignorant people out there that still say "people do not need guns". Self-defence in Australia is NOT a recognised lawful reason for owning a firearm & defending yourself in any way is still frowned on by the law.
    Keith.

11. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Many people become complacent, "that could never happen to me". They do not learn from other peoples experiences & just seem to assume that crime happens to other people, people who in some way invited the crime by being the sort of people they are!!! These are the people who will be very lucky if they do survive.
    Keith.

12. acheno84

acheno84 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Same here. I don't think that they are going to be like what's on tv and what not. But I do believe a human form or rabies will be another population control method. I just hope it doesn't get out of control like the damn government experiment for love bugs. It's never a bad thing to be too prepared. There are actually training courses for Fire and Police to be prepared for the zombies apocalypse. My friend is a firefighter and he recently had to take the basics. Creepy stuff.

13. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well there have been races of people with cannibalistic tendencies, so I guess it is not beyond the possibility that people would turn to eating other people in a time of drastic food shortages. Certainly something to bare in mind in a long term survival situation.
    Keith.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the majority of the British population just assume that the status quo is forever, "it'll never happen" is a favourite saying of these people, they just don't get it.

Keith H. likes this.
  15. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Same as the majority of Aussies. All have their heads buried in the sand anyway so they would not see it coming!
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I read something a while ago on the back of some remark about all preppers being paranoid.
    it went "paranoids are never surprised by anything, but those with their heads in the sand are surprised by everything".

Keith H. likes this.
  17. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if the zombie theory is credible, however, I would agree that it is an essential assembly of survival equipment to have. It affords you the ability to hunt for food, build a shelter, and to protect yourself from intruders.

18. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    People with Zombie mannerisms:
    1) People using mobile phones. These are dangerous because they are oblivious to all around them & may run you down if they are driving a motor vehicle, or bump you under a bus if they are a pedestrian. Although these people also tend to kill themselves in motor vehicle crashes & by walking into traffic in motion, like Zombies, there are a lot of them & they just keep coming!!!
    2) Druggies! There have already been cases of people using drugs attacking, killing & eating other people.
    3) Cannibalism. This was shown in the movie "The Road', & I guess this could be a very real danger post shtf.

Arm yourselves!!!!
    Keith.

19. Zyphir

Zyphir Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    The masses of scared hungry people that didn't prepare for a catastrophic event and willing to do anything to survive will be the zombies in shtf.

lonewolf and Keith H. like this.
  20. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Agreed Zyphir.
    Keith.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if they live long enough.

22. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Interesting point about the disaster resilience planners for the British regional governments. They have all completed models or plans for what to do in the event of a zombie apocalypse. If you ask them about it they seem to get very embarrassed.
    Fear, pain, hunger and anger at being torn from your previously safe and comfortable lives will have a dehumanising effect on anyone. The hordes of refugees will all have experienced these emotions and will become your zombie apocalypse. The key is to have a plan A, B &C...don't let yourself become a refugee, don't be a zombie. You need a couple of alternative sites to head for where you know you will be welcome after an event.
    As for fighting off a group of ravening zombies on your own, forget it...you will need a team. No one person can keep effective watch 24/7. You need like minded people around you that you can trust with your life...literally.

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't get too excited, zombies don't exist, the only "zombies" you want to worry about are the addicted kind and they wont be around for long post SHTF when they cant get their drug of choice, going cold turkey isn't a nice way to die.

24. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Not actually zombies no, of course they don't exist but the term could be used for anyone who mindlessly forces their way into someone's live and destroys what has taken years to build in a senseless way. A good example would be the city riots a few years back in the UK. I apply the term to people like that, the ones who have embraced the mob mentality.

25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    this is true, and having seen the newsreel of the "Tottenham" riots its well evident that the Police cant cope even with additional cops from the provinces.
    having said that, I have never been an exponent of "the golden horde" so beloved by American fiction writers and J.W.Rawles, not in Britain anyway, although anyone living in or near one of our large multi cultural cities will have a problem, that's for sure.

26. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Agreed, that's why I live on a hillside in Wales ;)

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    that's why I live in the middle of the North Devon countryside.

28. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    The drug addicted trash will be pretty close to zombies come a collapse. Heck, the meth tweakers even look the part. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, that particular group of individuals caused a lot of trouble. The National Institute of Health (NIH) has an interesting study on junkies, and their ilk, post-Katrina. The study may be read here.